Sunday, April 05, 2009

And one more...

Hi! Maybe this will be the beginning of a new trend, where I actually blog once in a while. There is no such thing as enough time in the world, so I don't know why I can't just get over that and get some things done. Anyway, while puttering around the blogosphere, I ran into a blog written by someone who knits and plays the viola (just like me, although probalby better at both). Here is what she has to say:

"The RSE (Roseville String Ensemble) runs on a very lean budget funded by donations, and a small locally funded grant. With this we pay a meager amount to our conductor and soloists as well as purchase music and rent space for our concerts.

It's no surprise in these "tough economic times" that our donations are not what they have been in the past. In addition to that, we have recently found out that the group which provided us with an annual grant will not be able to continue that funding. As it stands, the Roseville String Ensemble will not have enough funding to continue for the 09-10 season."

If you make your way to her blog you can read more about it, including information about some really generous prizes she is donating to a drawing. I am constantly wonderfully surprised by the generosity of the folks out there.

So go check out the blog, donate if you can, and stay tuned for a knitterly post from me sometime soon.

1 comment:

muoriska said...

Hi there,
I have wondered have you dropped off the face of the earth.

Busy spring here too with kids.
DH works in other community, and that gives me extra job.

Knitting? Something now and then...

Take care
Jaana