Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hi! As usual it has been ages since I posted. Life happens - the end of the school year was so crowded with concerts, two promotions (what I would call graduation but when it is only 5th grade and 8th grade they call it promotion around here), assemblies, teacher visits, etc. Then almost right away two of my kids went to camp - lots of shopping and writing names in clothes and then driving them there. One of the end of the year activities included this teacher gift - just a little shawl/scarf made with a skein of Fiesta La Boheme in the colorway Australia (along with some other lavender wool to make it just a tad larger). My youngest daughter's class had spent the last part of the year studying Australia, so when I found this skein on sale at my LYS I knew it had to be something for her teacher.


So the main reason I am finally getting to this post is to talk about my swap buddy and the amazing parcel she sent from Norway as my gift in the Super Sox Box Swap. I am constantly amazed to be part of this world community of knitters who can learn about each other and treat each other with such care and kindness. Us knitters could definitely show the world a thing or two!





As you can see, my swap partner sent me some wonderful things: a hand crocheted bag adorned with cute flowered ties that is almost too pretty to use, some wonderful soft sock yarn in what I call "sunset colors", a range of treats, both chocolate and drinks. She sent not one pattern but a whole book - the mini Vogue books are such fun for their range and creativity (I have some of the others but not this one). Also a set of DPNs (I was just thinking of getting back to my sock knitting roots - my Magic Loop socks always have such ladders at the ends!), some scented candles (not too strong but just right) and lastly some lovely beaded stitch markers. I almost missed those in the box but luckily they jumped out when I went to take the photo. Here they are:



Maybe I will save the madness that is MS#3 for another post. It is always good to quit while you still have something to say!

3 comments:

Cloudberry said...

I'm so glad you liked it :) Hope to see some beautiful socks soon ;) Have a great weekend.

em said...

your right it is soo great how their is a global community of knitters - totally amazing!

Unknown said...

I would be very happy if you come to swap gift with us!
have a nice day!
Mama from France
http://www.sirpriz.com
Swap gift communauty and friends